Monday, May 28, 2012

Reading 25 Reflections

Thinking back when the class first began I took this class to refresh my memory on skills of reading.  I read a great deal, but to read and write about what I read was difficult.  I really couldn't articulate about it except "it was a good book" and I repeated the things that happened in the story.  Fast forward to present I think this class has really taught be a lot and has prepared to move forward to English 101.  It has taught me how to take a book, article or chapter apart.  The "talk to the text" exercise has really enhanced my skills to really step back and ask myself what was the author trying to tell me, what was the author talking about?  Reading is not only about reading it is about the comprehension of what your reading to articulate it back to other people to let them know what your talking about.  This class has showed me how to do that.  It showed me to take a step back to slow down and understand what your reading.  I believe this is a class that everyone entering college should take even if it is just a refresher course to remind you what college English is all about.  I am really glad I chose to take this class.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie you were are excellent student. I enjoyed meeting you and hearing your input in class and on your blog. Your reflection inspires me to work even harder next semester to make this course (and future courses) even better. It is worth every bit of my effort to know that you experienced academic growth from the class. Student achievement is what it's ALL about!

    ReplyDelete